Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Hobby and Old Joints

I drove Charlie today. He had been ridden too much last week so I ended up driving Chaz. Chaz made me sit up and pay attention to what I was doing. It was still fun but he required more effort on my part than Molly did. Even so, my joints were in better shape after driving him than they were today when I drove Charlie.

I tried holding my arms up in front of me more and holding my wrists correctly but I think I am going to have to go with what is comfortable rather than what is correct. Anyway, I like Charlie and I think we may rock along well together as soon as the body makes a few adjustments.

I need to find a knitting project other than washcloths but in the meantime, I am knitting away on washcloth number 9 for this month. At this rate, I'll actually make a dent in my Peaches and Creme stash this year.

Speaking of the stash, I came across 2 cones of yarn that are ugly. Have you ever bought some yarn, put it away, and found it later only to wonder "What was I thinking buying that?" I can't even think of anyone who would like these colors. Skeining the yarn and dyeing it is too much trouble and it would take some powerful dye to counteract these colors. Maybe our local group needs to have a White elephant sale. Surely I can't be the only one who has yucky yarn hidden in the stash.

2 comments:

Ewespecial said...

How ugly is ugly?? What yarn do you have and what colors?
Glad you are still having fun with your driving!

nck said...

It's cotton that I got from Pisgah but it's a cable type yarn and the colors are dull red/olive/mustard. Not at all sure what I was thinking when I bought it.