Monday, April 5, 2010

It's finally Spring

There are a couple of weeks in the South before the heat and humidity chase most of us inside . During these weeks we can enjoy the most glorious color to be found anywhere. Everything from cool whites, to delicate pinks, soft lavendars to hot pinks and vivid reds can be seen in the forms of azaleas, wisteria and spirea. The three together are a winning combination. This year I promised myself to take a day and just drive around enjoying the glorious sights. Once the rain comes, the blossoms will start dropping quickly so I decided that today was the day. It was made even more enjoyable because I had my sister in law with me and she loves plants as much as I do. We oohed and aahed a lot .

There was also a great tree with wonderful burls on it. I hope someday when it's time for the tree to come down, some woodworker will get to have that tree and make something spectacular with those burls. My friend Gus could have made incredible bowls from that wood. He really had an artisans touch.

I hope your Spring is as gorgeous as mine and that you take the time to enjoy it. God's creation is truly amazing. How sad if we are too busy to admire it.

2 comments:

Ewespecial said...

always loved BR when the azaleas are in full bloom--nothing like all that color!

milmom said...

You are so right. I think our spring colors rival the Northeast's fall colors anytime.