Saturday, March 27, 2010

Washcloths



To me there is something so restful about knitting washcloths. The pattern can be as simple or as complex as you want. It is a project that won't go on forever and therefore is one that you won't get tired of knitting about halfway through it.

I enjoy using my knitted items and I enjoy knitting functional items so it's a win-win situation. The other plus side of washcloths is that most people really like to get some. Great hostess or thank you gifts and a wonderful treat for yourself are more reasons to take the time to knit some. I usually try to keep several on hand. Right now I need some for myself so that, combined with just finishing a shawl which took several weeks, is the reason for the washcloth knitting marathon.

Eight washcloths in a week are some kind of a record for me. I made up one of the patterns (the basketweave) but the others were the Friendship Chain Cloth designed by Vaunda Rae Giberson, The Cotton Dishcloth (Once Removed or Dressed Up)designed by Marion Torgerson, and Petal dishcloth designed by Hazel Schrock.


So, I encourage you to treat yourself to a knitted washcloth. You deserve the best.

1 comment:

Ewespecial said...

Love these dishcloths! and you are on a roll! giving these as a gift with a small bar of handmade soap is perfect!