Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sock Yarn hat


sock yarn hat 1 side
Originally uploaded by january spin
Just finished a fun and easy knit. Got the idea from my friend, Cheryl M, who got it from her friend, Judy, I think. Anyway, the hat uses scraps of sock yarn and you hold two strands together.. It's one of the beautys of working with 2 different variegated yarns at the same time. They blend beautifully through no extra effort on your part.

Now I am going to have to knit more socks (or use sock yarn more) so I can make more of these hats. Thanks, Cheryl for sharing.

I am still knitting on the current prayer shawl which for whatever reason, is taking much longer than previous ones. I am using smaller needles and this could be the reason but geez, I feel like I have been knitting on it forever. Once it's finished, I'm going to be doing some small projects for a while. Washcloths, where are my washcloth patterns? They sure seem to be my go to projects.

3 comments:

Ewespecial said...

I'm telling you--those hats are addictive! Just knitting socks to get the leftovers--gee whiz, there is a bonus to this madness!
Glad the prayer shawl is almost there.

milmom said...

Great idea for a hat! I may have to borrow that idea to use up those odd ends of sock yarn that I always end up with. I had been using leftover sock yarn to make washcloths and dishcloths. You know, they make nice dishcloths, too, right?

nck said...

Hadn't thought of using sock yarn for washcloths. I use my cottons for that.