Sunday, March 7, 2010

Molly and Finished Prayer Shawl

Had another lesson on driving with Molly yesterday. The trainer was really great and let me play for much longer than I probably should have, or Molly wanted me to do. I asked Marjorie (trainer) to take a picture of Molly and I and I managed to take one while driving so you could see her from my perspective.




Please notice the huge hat with a spf of 30. I've seen my dermatologist enough lately and this, hopefully, will help prevent another carving. I have a big shirt to wear when it is warmer. I figured this time the sun couldn't get through the heavy coat I was wearing.

I finally finished the prayer shawl done in the Feather and Fan pattern. I love the pattern but for some reason this shawl just seemed to go on forever. I really only took 5 weeks (and not steady knitting by any means) but it seemed longer than that. The yarn is Vanna's Choice so it will be washable and was done with size 8 circular needles. Next time I will use larger needles. It still needs to be blocked and then off to the family of the soldier.

3 comments:

Ewespecial said...

The shawl is lovely and I know the soldier's family will enjoy for years to come.
You are having toooooo much fun with Molly, aren't you?

milmom said...

I want to go for a ride!

nck said...

And I would be glad to take you for a ride if there was room on the tiny seat for more than one person. :)