Monday, August 20, 2007

a shoe, a shoe



Ah, what is that unusual thing on my right foot???? It is a shoe! It feels really, really weird and I can't put on a "normal" shoe yet, but I have a Croc on my right foot. The bottom of the foot feels prickly which is strange but if I had to look at that lovely black boot one more day, I was going to scream. Besides which, walking or standing in the boot was starting to cause my hip to hurt so changes needed to be made.
Naturally my first trip was to the Dollar Store where I found 5 more skeins of Fun Fur that I "needed". 3 were black and white and 2 were pale green/blue with a touch of peach. I'll use the black and white to make a tube type scarf as a Christmas present. If you are reading this and you get this present, please have the kindness to at least look surprised and try to forget what I paid for the yarn.
The blue/green will be used for freeform for whatever I am currently making. I haven't decided yet. Right now I am just happily making shapes. All of the shapes have something of a curve to them and they are all in the blue range but that's as far as the decision making process has progressed. Possiblities are vest, jacket, shawl. Scarf is out as I have enough of those to clothe a giraffe.

1 comment:

HollyEQQ said...

I love freeform! I can't wait to see what you make.
Hope the foot is better.
holly