Thursday, August 2, 2007

The foot and crochet

Went to the doctor yesterday. Looks like 4-6 weeks more of THE BOOT, hereafter referred to as Bootie. Seemed like a good idea to name it since it will be with me for a while. Bootie needs decorating in the worst way. Glitter is out as it is entirely too messy and besides, if I ever get out, I'd hate to be over dressed.
A glue gun and some beads are a possibility. The only problem is the summer heat which could melt the glue and there I would be, hobbling down the street dripping various colored beads behind me. Kind of like throwing rose petals in reverse. I may give it a try anyway. Since I have now started using a cane instead of crutches I am trying to figure out how to decorate it also. Should the cane and boot match? Ah, such decisions to be made.
Many thanks to all my well meaning friends who suggested a walker. I gratefully decline. Now be truthful, if you see a cane or crutch, you think injury. If you see a walker, you think nursing home. Since I am within a few decades (ok maybe less than a few) of assisted living/nursing home status, I prefer not to give people any doubts about my condition. Crutches or a cane get sympathy, a walker gets people moving out of your way and talking to you slowly.
Watched Uncommon Threads on tv this morning and there was a great scarf idea. (How many scarves does one person need anyway?).
Anyway, crochet a chain however wide you want your scarf. Single crochet across. At each end, chain 5 , or 10, or however many you want and crochet 2 single crochets into each chain. When you get back to the base row of sc, single crochet across and repeat ch/2sc on the other side. This make a plain body of the scarf and some awesome curly stuff along the sides of the scarf. Really great looking. On the progam they used a multicolored yarn and it was beautiful.
JJ is coming today. Yeah!!! Must go hobble around the guest room making up the bed. Really, really need to teach Allie and Conner some useful tricks!

No comments: