Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Bit of Summer


A Bit of Summer
Originally uploaded by january spin
This greets me in the kitchen. I love having a bit of the outdoors to look at while I'm washing dishes or cooking. Ok, the cooking part is something of a stretch, but it is the kitchen after all and I might cook sometime.

The tall lacy looking flowers are curly leaf parsley that is going to seed. The purple flowers are Purple Coneflower and actually the green is the same thing. It just decided to be green in the midst of all the purple flowers. The green plant showed up about 4 years after I originally planted the Purple Coneflowers.

The vase was one I found several years ago and it and the orange dressed mermaid given to me by friends, make me smile. Not a bad way to start the day.

1 comment:

Ewespecial said...

You could call this your Zen area!