Monday, January 11, 2010

Cheryl's Big Knit scarf

Roc Day is a great excuse for getting together with friends you don't see nearly often enough. If you aren't familiar with the history of Roc Day, be sure to look it up on the web.

I got a great idea from Cheryl for using leftover sock knitting yarn. I'm going to have to make more socks to have the yarn but I loved the idea. I forgot where she got the idea but you are knitting on size 8 circs and using 2 strands of sock yarn to make a simple hat. Just change to another yarn when you run out of a strand. Naturally I have cast on for the hat but need to actually finish the socks to have "leftover" yarn.

Catchup--the holidays were wonderful and I actually finished a couple of projects which will be in the next post.

1 comment:

Ewespecial said...

you and that iphone!!
The idea for the leftover sock yarn hat came from my knitter friend, Judy in Colorado.