Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hooray for Friends

Thank goodness for friends. They came to the rescue this weekend. I am trying to finish the 2nd sock of the first pair ever. How in the world it can be easier to knit the first sock than it is to knit the second one of the pair is beyond my comprehension but that's exactly what has happened.

I took a break in the middle of the second sock--holidays and all that. Well, my count got off and the heel ended up going off at a really, really weird slant on one side of the heel only.

Off to one of the local knitting shops for help. They helped me rip back and get back on track with the short rows. I came home and happily knitted away--until I really, really looked at the thing. It was at this point when I realized that what was throwing things off wasn't the short rows but rather the start of the heel flap. Apparently it does make a difference as to the number of stitches you have on your needles. So much for my cavalier attitude.

Another friend to the rescue. Stephanie is a sock knitting genius and a great friend. Who else would come out on a rainy Saturday afternoon, patiently get the stitches back on the correct needles and then wait while I slowly knit rows in the correct manner.

I finished that portion and will do the rest of the sock early this week--"Lord willing and the creek don't rise."

2 comments:

Ewespecial said...

You must finish that sock this week!

alh said...

I expect to see that sock at knit night tomorrow! I'm glad Stephanie came to the rescue.