Friday, January 29, 2010

Fiber, fiber , fiber





I am surrounded by fiber and some of the nicest spinners in the world. What could be better? January Spin-in started on Wednesday and it has been fiber overload ever since.

So far I have purchased another Trindle and some Blue Face Leicester and some incredible dyed Bombyx silk mawatas. ....and I'm just getting started.


a few hours later...I purchased more BFL in a slightly different colorway than one I usually use but it has enough blue in it to keep me happy.

So far the January Spin-in precision niddy noddy drill team has been awesome in their performances. A 3 foot stuffed lamb has been kidnapped and is being held for fiber ransom, and we have had a Spin-in Sit-in complete with flower children and music from the '60s. "We Shall Overcome" was converted to "We Shall Overspin". You just never know what to expect and that is what I love about this event.

No comments: