Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Great Needle Eater

I know lurking in my house somewhere is The Great Needle Eater hearafter known as TGNE. TGNE is selective and only eats the needles needed for the next project. At one point TGNE had a craving for size 8 needles. The length didn't make any difference but it had to be a size 8.

Consequently, I purchased several size 8 needles over a period of months. You know when you want to start a project, you want to start it NOW. Anyway, TGNE subsequently regurgitated the size 8s and now I could open a yarn shop specializing in size 8 needles. Well, it could also have size 10 1/2 and 13s as well.

Now TGNE has started on size 7s. Naturally, I need size 7s for a project I want to start right away so I am off to the yarn shop to buy size 7s so the old size 7s can be regurgitated and reappear once again.

2 comments:

Ewespecial said...

I just love that TGNE! It's always in action! I'm looking for size one's now--do you think I can find one? not even the 5 that is needed!!

nck said...

I know. TGNE has also devoured a set of 1 and possible more that I haven't discovered that I need yet. Very mysterious...
I have managed to find one size 7 hidden in an obscure tote bag--without any yarn in it so I know it was TGNE that did it. I would have put it with some yarn.