Monday, August 31, 2009

Homemade Biscuits

I am temporarily off whole wheat for a few days so decided to treat myself this morning. I made from scratch, homemade biscuits using (OH GASP) white flour. It has been forever since I had this treat and I savored every morsel of it.
Recipe:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 heaping Tablespoons baking powder
Mix together and then add:
1 cup milk
4 Tablespoons oil
I use a wooden spoon to stir it all together and then form the biscuits by hand. The rolled ones look better but the taste is the same and this way takes less time. Pour a tiny bit of oil in the bottom of a cast iron skillet; just enough to coat the bottom. Place each biscuit in the skillet and then turn it over so both sides will have a light coating of oil.
Cook at 450 degrees for 12 minutes.

Take a biscuit or two as it comes hot out of the oven, pour a little honey over it and with a cold glass of milk you have gotten pretty close to heaven on a Monday morning.

No comments: