Thursday, August 6, 2009

Escaping the heat


Friends invited me to their TN home in Pigeon Forge. Awesome home, great fun with friends, beautiful scenery, lots to see and do, and not one day of 90 degree temperatures!!!!

The last time I was in that area was in the late 50s. At that time Gatlinburg was a quaint little town with lots of handmade things to see in various shops. What a shock at the change. It is now major "tacky tourist" shops everywhere.

I much prefer Pigeon Forge. We visited several wonderful craft shops . If you are in the area, by all means seek out Smokey Mountain Pottery. Gaye Ann and Dennis are really nice people and their shop is awesome! I limited myself to only 3 pieces of pottery but it was hard. Am I the only person who starts out looking for gifts and then finds things for themselves instead? Maybe it's just not close enough to the holidays and I don't feel the "shopping pressure" yet.

Pictures will follow when they are uploaded....which may be after I actually get around to unpacking the suitcase .

Oh, well, I guess I'll just go ahead and post the pictures. Unpacking the suitcase means I am going to have to do laundry and I've already been to the grocery store today.

Well, rats! My computer is acting like a mother. I had the pictures posted, they were turned sideways , I deleted them and tried to upload them again and nothing is happening. Geez, an electronic monitor is just what I don't need. I'll try later to sneak up on it and see if I can post. See, I have been reduced to playing games with an electronic device. I sooooo told you it was magic.

2 comments:

leah said...

Glad you had such a super time! Scotland was nice and cool too! Everyone kept apologizing that it wasn't warmer, but I wasn't complaining one bit! Can't wait to see you!

Ewespecial said...

Welcome back to high humidity and heat! Glad you had some escape time to cooler weather. Ain't summer fun? of course, I'm not complaining with out temps in 90's some days and cool at night--it's a dream summer!
cheryl