Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where does the time go?

I can hardly believe it has been 5 months since I last posted on my blog. I have been busy but not THAT busy, surely. I would resolve to do better but a promise like that might involve guilt . Hopefully I will post more often but if I don't, please know that the thought is there--somewhere.

January Spin-in 2011 had 123 attendees this year. Our record high so far. I think the room may hold another 15- 20 and then we are going to have to limit the registrations if we are to keep the vendors in the same room as the spinners. Several groups came through with skits/songs and they were very well received. It's a good thing we can laugh at ourselves.

The CBSG skit involved some very impressive costumes. Perhaps the one that really  had the most time invested in it was Connie S's mermaid costume. How many people would knit a mermaid tail and top for a skit? 

The theme for 2012 is Shawl We Dance so I have started the search for the shawl that I will make to fit the theme.  I'm so glad Ravelry has so many available patterns.

2 comments:

Ewespecial said...

Dear friend--didn't we 'pass a good time' as those Louisiana folks say? What a party we throw and all those 'crazy' people who come--what can we say about them--they fit right in with us!!
Thanks for being my friend!
cmcw

naiadkitty said...

Wow! With a theme like that, I feel like I *have* to come! (SO sorry I missed this year! A knitted mermaid tail sounds AMAZING! (on the other hand, Annie's baby is worth hanging around for!))