Monday, November 9, 2009

It's Official!!!!

I have entered my second childhood officially. (I am ignoring those who imply that I never left the first one.)

How did this happen? I have been experiencing a lovely case of the hives for the past month. Not fun! Benadryl has been my friend but if I take it, I go to sleep which really, really makes it hard to knit. Therefore, I decided to seek the help of a physician who specialized in allergies. My neighbor had had wonderful results for her chronic hives by going to this doctor so I had an appointment with him this afternoon.

Now comes the funny part. The doctor is also a pediatrician. I went to a pediatric clinic today . So instead of going to a physician who specializes in gerontology I am going to one who specializes in children and I'm just fine with that. It brings back memories of an old song which was a favorite of mine. "Fairy tales can come true. It can happen to you. If you are among the very young at heart." I kind of giggled (inside, of course) through the entire visit thinking about being there. It's good to find something to laugh about when you have the hives.

I hope you're feeling young today also.

2 comments:

Ewespecial said...

We all knew it--glad you have confirmed it!!

cindi perron said...

it seems that hives are prevelant! i suddenly came down with a terrible case of hives a little over two years ago which was horrible for 1 year. they haven't gone away, but are much less than the first year. i didn't go to an allergist but did go to a holistic dr as well as dermatologist. PLEASE, please post how you progress with this.