Saturday, June 11, 2011

One at a time

In case no one has noticed, the real estate market is the pits right now. How frustrating to have a house for sale that is really priced well for the neighborhood, and is even kept clean and no one is looking!  If I have to live like this, at least people should come look at all this sterile cleanliness. Several friends have said my house doesn't even look like me with all the fun stuff packed away.

As a result of keeping things clean, I only have one project out at a time. Talk about sticking to one thing! The current project isn't boring, I am enjoying it. It's just having one project at a time to work on that's driving me nuts.

My current project is a prayer shawl for Prayer Shawls 4 Fallen Soldiers. This one will go to a Mom in GA. I am enjoying the pattern which is super simple. It's the  Lacy Prayer Shawl pattern  on Ravelry. I am about half way through and am pleased with the way it is looking. I am using worsted weight yarn and size 13 needles to make sure the pattern has an open look to it. I decided to use Vanna's Choice yarn which is an acrylic. For an acrylic, I think this one is fairly soft and it will be easy to wash and care for.

I think the next project will be to finish spinning the silk for the next shawl. Naturally, I have to hide the bobbin with the spun silk on it when the house is being shown as the people wandering thru seem to be easily distracted.  It's kind of like Hide and Seek around here.

Ok, that's it for today. I'm going to go surf the net and look at the houses in FL that are for sale that I can't buy until I sell this one. Dominoes people, Dominoes.

1 comment:

Ewespecial said...

Yes, it is the 'pits' to sit in a neat house. At least, you will finish one at a time. do you have a photo of your prayer shawl? if so, please post.
cmcw