Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Is it Fall yet?

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I posted anything. I blame the life writing class I am taking. I have been writing at least 3 pages a week for that so have forgotten about the blog.
Got together with some friends and we played with the paintsticks on silk scarves. Loads of fun. Thanks goodness for texture plates as I have no drawing ability. It was a lesson in branching out in color which I am going to try next time. A couple of people did some awesome scarves with a lot of color and they were perfect for the time of year particularly.
I didn't get to make the trip to MD that I was looking forward to but several things have occurred that made me realize that I needed to be home for a bit to help some people . Funny how things work out like that.
Anyway, the topics for the writing class have been 1) a room in a house where we grew up, 2) a momentous day in our life, 3) a story about a relative or stories that a relative told, and the current one is writing about our faith or how an event helped focus our faith.
It has helped to have actual topics upon which to focus rather than just rambling.
I am knitting a baby kimono and some baby bibs since there seem to be little ones joining this world. I am finishing up prayer shawl # 8. This one is different in that it is a triangular shape but the color is various shades of purple and I love that. #7 has the colors of the rainbow in it which was what was requested by a young friend when she asked me to make one for her.
I have found a fun knitting group which is knitting for charity at another church so I am doing that twice a month.
In the meantime, I have a house that desperately needs to be shoveled out, 2 dogs that need grooming, and more yarn projects stacking up for the holidays. On the other hand, there is a great set of paper tiles for tea bag folding which will make wonderful tags for the gifts if I ever get either category finished. Geez, I need a clone!!!!!

No comments: